Youth Leadership United
Each year, Youth Leadership United selects 25 high school students to expand their community leadership potential and opportunities. It allows young people to serve as decision-makers in youth-serving and other nonprofits.
Does this sound like you?
- Interested in community issues
- Interested in volunteer service
- Want to develop leadership potential
- Want to serve alongside adults on nonprofit boards and committees
It could be you! See who's in last year's class, Youth Leadership United Class 21. High school freshmen, sophomores and juniors (2015-16 school year) are eligible to apply for Youth Leadership United. This deadline has passed for the 2015-16 school year. Check back to apply for the 2016-17 school year.
- To expand opportunities for young people to participate as community planners and decision makers within youth-serving and other nonprofit organizations.
- To help United Way’s youth-serving agencies and other nonprofits achieve age diversity on their boards and committees.
- To develop and nurture the skills of a diverse group of potential community leaders, through a variety of training activities that focus on exploring leadership styles and skills.
- To increase young leaders' knowledge and understanding of the community, in particular the nonprofit sector.
- To develop a pool of young leaders, representing a six-county area, who have the qualifications and confidence to serve successfully on nonprofit boards and committees.
- To create a strong and diverse base of future leaders for Central Indiana.
There is no cost to apply. If accepted to the program, a $50 fee will be charged per participant.
2016 Program Dates:
|Philanthropy & Giving||2/06/2016|
|Board Roles & Responsibilities||2/27/2016|
|Community Needs & Issues||3/12/2016|
Manager, Youth Engagement
United Way of Central Indiana
3901 N. Meridian Street
(and other community sites)