Youth as Resources
Youth As Resources (YAR) utilizes the creative minds of our community’s youth to improve our local counties. YAR gives youth a voice and creates a better community for all through volunteering.
- Challenges youth to channel their creative energy and skills into design projects that will help the community.
- Awards grants to youth volunteer groups for youth-led service projects. Grant workshops are conducted before each grant deadline to advise youth on how to apply.
- Gives youth a voice through action boards in each of our six counties. Youth and adult board members work in partnership to make all funding decisions.
Together we can change society’s outlook on youth from trouble-makers to problem-solvers! YAR serves Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Marion and Morgan counties.
Grant Workshops & Deadlines:
Marion County YAR has an application deadline of October 2, 2014. The dates for their grant workshops are:
- Monday, September 8, 2014 at 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 6:00 p.m.