Youth as Resources
Youth As Resources (YAR) utilizes the creative minds of our community’s youth to improve our local counties. YAR gives youth a voice and creates a better community for all through volunteering.
- Challenges youth to channel their creative energy and skills into design projects that will help the community.
- Awards grants to youth volunteer groups for youth-led service projects. Grant workshops are conducted before each grant deadline to advise youth on how to apply.
- Gives youth a voice through action boards in each of our six counties. Youth and adult board members work in partnership to make all funding decisions.
Together we can change society’s outlook on youth from trouble-makers to problem-solvers! YAR serves Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Marion and Morgan counties.
Grant Workshops & Deadlines:
Marion County YAR has an application deadline of September 21, 2015. The dates for their grant workshops are listed below. Please R.S.V.P. at one of the links below to confirm your attendance.
- Tuesday, August 25, 6 - 7 p.m. at Community Action of the Far Eastside (8902 East 38th Street, 46226)
- Thursday, August 27, 6 - 7 p.m. at Roncalli High School in Room 102 (3300 Prague Road, 46227)
- Tuesday, September 1, 6 - 7 pm. at United Way of Central Indiana (3901 N. Meridian Street, 46208)
- Wednesday, September 2, 4 - 5 p.m. at United Way of Central Indiana (3901 N. Meridian Street, 46208)
- Thursday, September 3, 4 - 5 p.m. at United Way of Central Indiana (3901 N. Meridian Street, 46208)
Global Youth Service Day:
The 2016 date for Global Youth Service Day is April 15-17. Read about GYSD 2015 including a couple of the projects completed.