Human Services Professional Renewal Program
Giving back to those who serve our community
Many generous grants from Lilly Endowment have allowed United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) to create and implement the Human Services Professional Renewal Program. This unique program provides hard-working, dedicated human services professionals with an opportunity to regenerate and reinvigorate themselves, so they can bring fresh ideas and energy to the human care business.
Up to 25 grant award winners will receive up to $10,000 to implement their individually designed plan for personal and professional renewal. UWCI hopes this program will encourage human services professionals to remain committed to their profession, while increasing community attention on the hundreds of professionals who serve our community’s most vulnerable residents.
Applications must be submitted online and are due by noon on Friday, May 12, 2017
Eligible human services professionals must:
- Be an employee of a UWCI agency, UWCI, or an invited human services organization that is actively engaged in a UWCI collaborative activity; AND
- Have been employed eight (8) or more consecutive years by a human services nonprofit agency as of the application deadline; AND
- Have been employed by their current organization five (5) or more consecutive years as of the application deadline; AND
- Serve clients in the UWCI area of service (Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Marion and Morgan counties); AND
- Intend to remain in human services work and at their agency for at least two (2) years after the renewal experience.
Applications must be approved by the organization’s executive director. If the applicant is the executive director, board chair approval is required. There is no limit on the number of applicants from each organization.
It is expected that recipients who take a leave of absence will return to their place of employment upon completion of renewal activities.
Applicants must use their award by November 30, 2018, and are expected to participate in a follow-up seminar where activities and knowledge gained from the experience are shared. Recipients will complete interim and final reports detailing expenditures, activities and how their learning increased because of the grant. Previous winners are not eligible for a renewal grant.
Application deadline: noon on Friday, May 12, 2017
Funded by a grant from Lilly Endowment Inc.
Information sessions held at United Way in RCI Room
Tuesday, April 11, 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, April 20, 3:30 p.m.
R.S.V.P. to Julie Koegel at 317-293-7006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.