2008 Community Assessment
Welcome to the 2008 Community Assessment! This in-depth study of the Central Indiana community and its current needs is designed to create a collective understanding of key community conditions, assets and concerns. We hope it will serve as the stimulus for public conversation about how best to address the issues facing so many Hoosiers.
You can order your own copy of the Summary of Findings and Reccomendations or 2008 Community Assessment CD.
For an overview of the entire Community
Assessment, please review the Summary of Findings and Recommendations.
For individual chapters, please see below:
- Chapter 1: Human Services System
in Central Indiana - A Snapshot
- Chapter 2: High Cost of Being Poor
- Chapter 3: Current Environment
- Chapter 4: Children, Youth and Education
- Chapter 5: Health
Please note that Health includes the following sub-topics: Access to Care, Asthma, Dental Health, Diabetes, Immunizations, Infant Health, Injury and Violence Prevention, Lead Poisoning, Mental Health, Overweight and Obesity, Sexually Transmitted Infections, Substance Abuse and Addictions, and Tobacco Use
- Chapter 6: Community-Based Care for Older Adults and People with Disabilities
- Chapter 7: Affordable Housing
- Chapter 8: Economic Self-Sufficiency
- Chapter 9: Safe Communities
- Chapter 10: Embracing Community Diversity
- Chapter 11: Community Preparedness and Disaster Recovery
Additional assessment documents:
For more information about the assessment:
Please contact Demetrius Glover at 317.921.1294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Files and content copyright 2008 United Way of Central Indiana