Diversity Leadership Circle:
Partners in Community Change
Diversity Leadership Circle is a leadership and networking group striving to be a model of diversity and inclusion in Central Indiana with members who reflect the many faces, cultures and walks of life that make up the communities United Way serves. Founded by Bill Mays in 1985 (then known as the Minority Key Club), the Diversity Leadership Circle was the first of its kind in the country and has contributed more than $1.8 million annually. We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential for us to LIVE UNITED.
Members of this elite group contribute $1,500 or more annually and promote a signature cause of financial stability. With more than 300 members, combined gifts exceed $1.2 million.
Diversity Leadership Circle is proud to announce their community partnership with PACE, Public Advocates in Community Re-Entry. PACE has more than 50 years of successful experience and provides the best services in Marion county in the field of offender re-entry.
- Exclusive networking opportunities, social events and volunteer opportunities
- Regular communication about diversity-related programs, activities and events
- Recognition in United Way publications
How to sign up:
- Check us out at an upcoming event. Guest can come to one event per year.
- Consider requesting a meeting with the staff manager to learn more.
- Give through your company employee giving drive or give online.
Did you know?
- A company matching gift can count towards your membership!
- Membership includes all members of your household (e.g. spouses)
"Diversity is more than what we see, it's all people in the communities in which we live and work. The Diversity Leadership Circle seeks to bring together like minded individuals who value acceptance and inclusion for one common goal - our community. Working together, we can elevate our communities by bringing multiple voices into one united voice."
Shermika Duerson, MBA
Bill Hendrix, PhD
Through our Step Up program, you can be recognized as a member in your first year:
Year one: $750 (matched by a grant)
Year two: $1,500
PACE is also United Way of Central Indiana’s newest Center for Working Families.
The Centers for Working Families (CWF) are friendly neighborhood centers where hardworking, low-income families can access a full range of services to help lift them out of poverty and achieve long-term financial stability.
Diversity Leadership Circle is excited to support PACE in this new endeavor. Look for upcoming volunteer activities soon in Diversity Leadership Circle e-newsletters.